Psychoanalysis of a blog reader.
The first thing I want everyone to know is that I am not a psycho geek.Ok so here goes……
The first thing a reader sees is the blog title.It should be short,catchy and describe the entire blog in a few words.Second thing – blog readers eye the theme so a clean and non-flashy theme is preferable.Readers generally read the first few lines of a post and then proceed to read the remaining part.( only if they like the first few lines.)Now coming to pictures. Many readers keep an eye for pictures. If a post has a picture or 2 then there is a pretty good chance of it having been read dozens of times.
Now coming to the most important part….Commenting. When does a reader comment or not comment? Readers comment when –
– they really liked your post
– they really hated your post
– they were confused about some parts of your post.
– they are replying to some offer of yours.
Serious readers generally drop off their visiting cards as comments which contain their thoughts on that post. Now when does a reader not comment? Readers don’t comment if-
– they don’t care if your blog goes to hell
– they don’t have time
– they think that you are not worth their comments
– if your post is too long.
Readers tend to avoid long posts on blogs which they have just stumbled upon.
That’s enough for now. More’s still to come…