I caught the movie first day , first show. In fact , this is the only movie that I have ever caught on the 1st day and that too the very first show. So how was the movie ? Just one word ‘ refreshing ‘ and I could probably add to that ‘awesome,cool,nice,nice,nice’.
This movie introduces Imraan Khan , Aamir Khan’s nephew. Well , from now on Aamir is going to be known as Imraan’s uncle. He does a smashing job as Jay Singh Rathod , the most non-violent Rajput of Ranjhor. Genelia D’Souza is equally amazing as the passionate,angry and vicious Aditi. Accompanying the duo are their friends – Rotlu , Juggu , Bonu and the other girl who’s name I can’t remember. Fantastic acting by each and every one of the actors. Not to forget the awesome music supplied by A.R. Rahman.
The story begins with a group a friends in a car , heading to the airport. They are their to receive their friends who are coming back to India after 3 long years. But due to a bomb threat the airplane is 1 hr late. So to spend time , 4 of the friends begin telling the story of 2 of their other friends to a new member to their group. The story of Jay and Aditi.
I don’t want to spoil it for the people who read this but I just want to say that it is a fantastic movie. I’ll just put a brief synopsis..
Jay and Aditi are best friends in college. Their other friends know that they are in love with each other , their parents know that they are in love with each other , but they don’t know that! Aditi always rues over the fact that Jay never takes up a fight and always tries to remain non-violent. This is because his mother made him promise not to fight because according to her , his father was a very peaceful man who could not tolerate violence and this was his dying wish. But this happens to be absolute balderdash , a lie cooked up by his mother because she didn’t want to see her son become as proud and violent as her husband. The Rajputs of Ranjhor have an initiation rite for the boys to become men. The rite says that they must do 3 things… Ride a horse , beat someone up and go to jail at least once. But does Jay do all these ?
Yes , he does. He beats up the man who hit Aditi and as a result is sent to Jail. And he rides a horse because of a public transportation strike in order to get to Aditi in time to confess her feelings. Of course this happens towards the end. Throughout the movie they believe that they are just friends and actually try to find love for each other. In the process Jay gets another girl-friend and Aditi gets engaged to another man. But they realise that they really love each other.
A very different love story. A must watch.Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( None so far )
I liked Dhoom a lot , when it was released in 2004. But now with Dhoom 2 coming up , Dhoom looks bleak in comparision. With Hritik as the antagonist along with Aishwarya Rai… I think those theatre screens are gonna burn !
Here’s a trailer I found on You Tube , Hritik looks mad cool , his best look ever , Ash is herself , Uday still looks like an idiot but I don’t like Abhisek Bachan’s look. The music is red hot . Some of the biggest stars in Indian cinema are gonna go head to head in Dhoom 2 , with the tagline… D:2 Back in Action…. Watch the trailer , then judge.
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 240 so far )
I am putting down , 20 reasons as to why Harry Potter’s so famous ! Oh , do remember to read my personal comments encased in the brackets.
1. Nowhere in literary history will you find a boy so blighted, so miserable yet rich as Harry Potter.
2. He survived a murderous assault by a brain-dead sorcerer with an extremely stupid name – Voldemort. ( yuck , I wouldn’t even call my dog as Voldemort)
3. A man called Albus Dumbledore is his hero. ( He’s got waist length beard which he can’t cut because they are stronger than steel.)
4. He goes to a school called Hog-Warts. ( All the Hogs at that place are full of Warts.)
5. He flies a broomstick. ( What happened to high velocity jet-fighters..?! )
6. He becomes invisible by wearing an invisibility cloak. ( Why though ? Is he ashamed of his appearance ?)
7. He has a lightning shaped scar on his head. ( Imagine being famous because your skins been sliced open..)
8. He uses a magic wand to cast spells ( What did you expect… a magic turnip ?! )
9. He hates a greasy teacher called Snape. ( Yeah , and he can talk to snakes )
10. His friend , Ron Weasly , has a jumbo sized family. ( Maybe Harry thought that he could squeeze in and nobody would notice because of the crowd. )
11. He protected the Philosopher’s Stone. ( What about the stones of the doctors, nurses , writers and engineers ? Who’s gonna protect them ?)
12. He speaks Parseltongue ! ( Whazzat ?! Parcel what? I didn’t know he could take to parcels !)
13. He was raised by his nasty aunt and uncle. ( Who else do you think would have raised him ? A couple of rabid wolves ? He ain’t Mowgli !)
14. He’s been wearing that same pair of spectacles for the last 8 years ! ( I thought that he had a lot of money , then why doesn’t he buy a new pair…? )
15.He’s got the biggest fan following of all time ! ( No wonder he always appears so windswept )
16. His cousin is a boxing champ ! ( Ahhh , all those years of punching Harry finally paid off. )
17.His wand has a core of phoenix feather .( Thank god it ain’t dragon heartstring. Or else he would have been called as Parry Hotter )
18. He killed a basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets. ( What else would he have killed ? A mosquito !? )
19. He was put in Gryffindor house . ( Why ?! Because the White House wouldn’t take him , silly! )
Looks like I left one reason ! So why don’t you people add the twentieth reason as to why Harry Potter is famous. You can give any reason , but just make sure that it has a funny personal comment attached to it .
All Smiles ,
Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 50 so far )