Ah , it’s been so long since I last blogged. My blogroll had become a pile of junk with tons of dead links and stuff. So , I just cleaned it out today. I’ve finally managed to weed out all the dead links and replace them with new ones. For once , I’d really like to get back to blogging. Anyways , I’m going to be a college student now. So that’s something to be really excited about. I’m totally looking forward to it. I just hope that I get decent room-mates. I haven’t exactly done my shopping yet , but I plan to pretty soon.
Here’s some other totally unrelated stuff –
I’m high on movies right now. I’ve watched 19 movies in the last 4 days. Among all the movies that I watched , I thought the following were truly exceptional.
- Children of Men (2006) – Has to be seen to be believed. One of my friends suggested that I watch this movie and I just brushed it aside because I wanted to watch the ultra gory Hostel. This happened a year ago. Now a year later , when I’ve finally seen the movie , I feel like kicking my 16 year old self. Superb story , superb direction , superb cinematography , fitting music and Clive Owen at his best. This is probably the best movie ever made. The last 20 minutes are totally intense , it actually made my mother cry. Just go and watch this now , if by some sick , twisted ,weird chance of fate , you haven’t already.
- Cloverfield ( 2008 ) – Yes , yes. Cloverfield. Another story about a monster trashing Manhattan. When I first heard about , I thought be sick with déjà vu. I mean , where the heck was the originality. Huge monster trashes town… Come on! Godzilla did it , T-Rex did it in The Lost World , heck even the baby did it in Honey I Blew Up The Kids. But then I saw the movie. I was forced to eat each and every single one of my words. Fantastic , awesome , splendid ! The story wasn’t about a monster trashing Manhattan. It was about a group of friends , reaching out to each other in an attempt to survive in the chaos. Of course there’s the usual BIG FUCKING MONSTER! But the presentation is so different it should be made a whole new type of cinema making. The entire story is a flashback , seen through a handheld camera cartridge and it’s just AWESOME.
- Fight Club (1999) – I know that cinema lovers around the world want to give a good solid kick to my rear. And god knows that I deserve it. I mean , not having watched Fight Club is like being a guy with 1 ball(no offence to cancer patients). Edward Norton pulls off an extremely awesome performance. Personally , I think Fight Club has one of the best endings ever made. Brad Pitt fits the character of Tyler Durden like a sock. Do you know what to expect when two , no three (There’s Helena Bonham Carter as Maria) incredible actors come together…. FIREWORKS.
- Zodiac (2007) – Another movie about the Zodiac killer. Yes , but it is miles apart from the 2006 attempt , both in presentation and perception. Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr. give an incredible performance. A must watch , even if you are not a movie buff. The movie is a bit longer than the normal Hollywood movie ( 2hr 30 min) but every second is worth it. You can actually feel the fear that the people in San Francisco felt when the Zodiac killer was alive amongst them. A must watch.
- 1408 (2007) – This is one of the most effective horror movies that I’ve seen since the Grudge. Based on Stephen King’s short story of the same name , this movie portrays the basic underlying fear of every man. John Cusack carries the movie from beginning to end. Against the manager’s advice and compulsion , he decides to spend the nigh in room 1408 of the Dolphin in New York. ” No one has ever lasted for more than an hour in that room .”, Olin(Samuel L. Jackson) tells Mike Enslin(Cusack). What ensues in that room with Mike Enslin resuts in a very effective horror movie.
Right now , I think these are the best , I’ve seen from the 19. But then there’s Superbad , Shoot ‘Em Up , Sin City, Fracture….
And I still have to see No Country For Old Men , The Departed , 3-10 To Yuma , Juno and There Will Be Blood. Maybe , my choices might change after I’ve seen these.
Adios…Read Full Post | Make a Comment ( 2 so far )